Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Hair Types

Have you ever wondered what your hair type or curl pattern is? Well here is a chart that has helped me figure out what kind of hair me and my girls have Hair types can range anywhere from 1 - 4c, 1 being no curl pattern at all and 4c being the tightest curls possible. You may also notice that you or your little one have a combination of hair and yes it is possible for a person to have 2-3 different curl patterns. So take a look at the chart and see what curl patter are you and you curly haired cutie.


So do you see your curl pattern? What is it? For myself I am a mixture of 4a in the back and 3a-3b to the top of my head. Kay, is 4c tightly coiled and kinky, Katt is 3c curly and thin, Ti-Ti is 4a and very thick, Alex has 4a very thin and dry hair, and Bug has 4a hair and I would say a medium  thickness. 


Different textures take differently to all products so what you use on one child's head may not work on the other but moisture is a key factor in natural hair care. We don't want the hair to get to dry if so it will become brittle and break off causing severe damage. Just keep trying different things until you find what works best for your little ones hair. Don't give up. You will find something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment