Friday, September 16, 2011

Banding Fail

First off I have been MIA the past couple of days reason being is a little thing called Life. I just got caught up in it real quickly but now I am back :) yay!

Well anywho back to the reason for the post. I tried banding for the first time and failed miserably.

I started by washing Lynn's hair trying something new, the Kinky-Curly Come Clean Shampoo, followed by the Kinky-Curly Knot Today used as a leave in and detangler. I'm not to sure on how I feel about them just yet before I pass judgement I will try them out again.

After the detagling process I put a little of our Shea Moisture Smoothie on her hair and proceeded to band starting at the base working the ouchless scrunchies downward. And tied her hair down for the night. Praying that it would be dry by morning cause guess what, the weather dropped yesterday afternoon and I just knew it was going to be cold in the morning. And I was right it's 40 degrees this morning.

This morning I took down the bands and of course her hair was still damp not to mention sticky for some reason so yes another wash is in order for tonight before I have class tomorrow.

I ended up just braiding her hair in the sections so it can dry and stretch the old fashion way

I may end up just doing our tried and true routine because she has such thick curly hair and not to mention her sensory issues so thus new routine she was not feeling at all. I will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment